17-4 PH Stainless Steel is the most widely used stainless steel casting alloy of all the precipitation-hardening stainless steels. It contains approximately 15–17.5% chromium and 3–5% nickel, as well as 3–5% copper. The name comes from the chemical makeup which is approximately 17% chromium and 4% nickel.
|17-4 PH Stainless Steel Composition|
|17-4 ph||0.07 max.||1.00 max.||0.040 max.||0.030 max.||1.00 max.||15.00-17.50||3.00-5.00||3.00-5.00||0.15-0.45|
Features of 17-4 PH Stainless Steel
- High strength and hardness.
- Excellent fatigue properties.
- Good corrosion resistance.
- Good castability, and minimum distortion upon heat treatment.
- In high-heat treated conditions, 17-4 PH stainless steel possesses excellent mechanical propertie.
Process of 17-4 Stainless Steel Casting
The investment casting process has been used to creat stainless steel castings for a long history, and such casting technic can creat 17-4 ph stainless steel castings in accurate dimensions and good surface finish. The steps of 17-4 ph stainless steel castings are given below:
- Making a mold according to 3d file.
- Filling the mold with wax to creat wax patterns, inspect and modify the patterns if there is any defect.
- Weld the wax patterns to form a assembly.
- Dipping the wax into ceramic slurry to form a shell.
- Heating the ceramic shell to remove the wax.
- Pouring the molten shell.
- Breaking off the shell, and shot blasting or operate other surface finishing.
CFS Stainless Steel Foundry is very skilled at custom 17-4 ph stainless steel investment castings for a variety of applications, including oil & gas industry, food processing equipment, aerospace parts, chemical processing equipment, etc. As the top leading stainless steel casting manufacturer in China, our company can customize 17-4 ph stainless steel castings in different sizes and shapes. Besides, we can also provide extra machining and surface treatment services following our customer’s idea. Any inquiry on 17-4 ph stainless steel casting, pls do not hesitate to contact us!