1. What is stainless steel casting?
Stainless steel casting is the common forming process of stainless steel parts by pouring liquid stainless steel into mould, thus to achieve the shape of a product.
2. Which casting method is used To produce stainless steel castings?
Normally, investment casting, or lost wax casting, is the correct casting method to produce stainless steel castings, which can creat accurate dimensions, smooth surface finish, and net shape.
3. What are the common grades of stainless steel casting?
Common cast stainless steel grades are: 304, 316, 304L, 316L, 17-4 ph, 410, 416, 2205, 2207, etc.
4. What are the advantages of stainless steel casting?
Stainless steel casting allows for producing stainless steel components with complex shapes, less or no machining, no quantity limitations, and so no.
5. What type of tooling is required for stainless steel casting?
A split aluminum tool or mold is used to create a wax pattern, which is then coated with layers of stucco and ceramic material. Before pouring the alloy, wax will be first melted away, which is where the term “lost wax casting” originated. In other processes (forging, stamping, die casting), tooling is quite much more expensive.
6. What general tolerances can we meet for a stainless steel casting part?
For stainless steel investment castings, we can reach general tolerances ISO 8062 CT5-CT6. And for smaller precision parts, ISO 8062 CT4 can be available.
7. What is the typical surface finish after stainless steel casting?
General surface finish after stainless steel casting process can be around Ra6.3. There are several factors that may affect the surface roughness of stainless steel castings, for example, the precison of casting mold, the surface quality of wax patterns, and the coating material, etc.
8. Is small quantity acceptable for stainless steel castings in CFS foundry?
Yes, we do not have quantity limitation for stainless steel castings, even if a trial order with small quantity, it is also acceptable. Besides, we can supply demands of large quantity order with annual capability of 8,000t.
9. Can CFS foundry supply machining service as well after stainless steel casting?
Even if stainless steel casting can produce parts with net shape or near net shape, but sometimes, for tight dimensional tolerances, additional machining will be carried out. So to supply finished products, we also have a mature machining production line.
10. What is the lead time of stainless steel castings?
Normally, it will take us about 20-30 working days for 1 off sample, and another 25-35 working days for batch production.
11. How does CFS do quality control for stainless steel casting parts?
First of all, we have a district inner control system of each production process. Secondly,we are equipped with complete testing instruments, such as Spectrograph, Brinell & Rockwell hardness tester, Impect testing instrument, MT instrument, ect. Thirdly, sample will be provided before mass production. Also, for mass production, we will select some products randomly for testing. And even if there will be quality problem after delivery, we will also send replacements asap at our own costs or return parts of production payments to our customers directly.
12. What makes CFS different from other stainless steel foundries?
CFS Stainless Steel Foundry aims to produce top-quality stainless steel investment castings with a wide range of metal alloys. Our team has the extensive experience, knowledge and commitment to ensure that you will have a truly exceptional customer experience with us. We serve online at 7×24 hours.