A Butterfly valve is a quarter-turn rotational motion valve, that is used to stop, regulate, and start flow. A butterfly valve has a disc which is mounted on a rotating shaft. When the butterfly valve is fully closed, the disk completely blocks the line. When the butterfly valve is fully opened, the disc is at a right angle to the flow of gas or liquid.
The disk is how the valve stops flow – it is equivalent to a plug in a plug valve, a gate in a gate valve or a ball in a ball valve. There are variations in disk design and orientation in order to improve flow, sealing and/or operating torque.
For decades, our stainless steel foundry has provided different types of cast stainless steel valve components including butterfly valve disc to satisfy the needs of a variety of applications. Stainless steel casting is a perfect solution of butterfly valves as well as other valve types for corrosive applications. Cast stainless steel valve body disc resists rust and corrosion, is more resilient than other cast alloy, such as cast iron. CFS Foundry offers stainless steel investment casting service for butterfly valve disc in the Oil & Gas Industry, Pulp & Paper, and Petroleum Refineries.
Stainless Steel Investment Casting Process
- An aluminum mold is made, the cavity of the mold is the same as the desired shape.
- Molten wax is injected into the metal pattern, allowed to solidify and then removed. Some complex wax patterns are fabricated by joining several separate patterns together using an adhesive.
- The waxes are then assembled on a wax tree, many parts can be put on the tree depending on size, it is common for components to be in the weight range 0.1kg up to 80kg.
- The tree is then immersed in several different slurries to coat the wax, the initial slurry is fine as this will be the surface finish of the final casting.
- After drying, the trees of wax are put into ovens of about 200 degrees to melt out the wax.
- When all wax is removed the trees are heated up to about 900 degrees to complete preparation for casting.
- The metal is then poured into the moulds.
Why CFS Foundry for Your Cast Stainless Steel Butterfly Valve Disc?
CFS Foundry has built a reputation in stainless steel investment casting for valve and pump components, such as valve bodies, valve discs, pump body, pump impeller, etc. The stainless steel casting process delivers high integrity castings that are dimensionally accurate, very versatile and have low repeat run costs. CFS has worked closely with our customers to produce high quality cast stainless steel components which are more cost effective, stronger and more aesthetically pleasing.
- We use only most precision investment casting process to make stainless steel betterfly valve discs as well as other valve components.
- Special cast stainless steel alloy such as duplex stainless steel is available.
- Our products undergo various tests to make sure that only highly efficient product reaches the customers.
- Smooth surface finishes are possible with no seam line so machining and finishing are reduced or eliminated.
- Allows un-machinable parts to be cast accurately instead.
- High volume production can be achieved with low repeat costs.
- Competitive prices by stainless steel casting in China.
- Support production in either small or large volumes
- Convenient delivery